COVID-19 Management - Update
Calgary Heritage Housing manages housing for independent seniors. Our tenants have all the autonomy that goes with independent living just like anyone else in an apartment complex or attached housing situation. We do not have the authority to govern the decisions or movements of our independent seniors. That said, we are proud of our tenants for their ongoing commitment to follow public health guidelines.
We are following best practices for senior self-contained housing as identified by Alberta Seniors and Housing and Alberta Public Health. We will be lifting specific restrictions as the Province announces each of its stages for reopening.
As of now:
- Social rooms and sitting areas are closed.
- Tenants and anyone visiting the buildings must wear masks while in common areas (e.g. hallways, elevators, admin. office).
- Maintenance personnel wear a mask at all times on site.
- Our building administrators are keeping their regular office hours in the individual buildings. Sneeze guards are in place for everyone’s safety.
- Our team of professional cleaners remain focused on high-touch, high-traffic common areas in our buildings such as handrails, doorknobs, mailboxes, common laundry/washroom facilities and elevator buttons, wiping down these areas with antiseptic cleaners twice a week.
- We are keeping the hand sanitizer stations in common areas topped up.
- We have posted signage at the main entry requiring everyone who enters to wear a mask and encouraging visitors to avoid entry if they feel unwell or exhibit symptoms.
Beyond these essential property management measures, we are focused on keeping our tenants informed on what they can do to keep themselves and their living environment healthy, and assuring them we are here to assist in any way we can should they feel the need to reach out.
Our Tenant Support Worker continues to investigate what’s available to tenants in the way of community resources, and to make the necessary connections and referrals.
Calgary Heritage Housing will not initiate a building lockdown in the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19 amongst our tenants. Instead, we will support quarantine of the individual(s) to the best of our ability.
Hand hygiene, face masks and social distancing are truly the most effective measures we can all take to keep ourselves healthy and prevent the spread of COVID-19.